Friday 14 March 2008

Albert Einstein

Sent to me by a friend...

"As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene....No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life."

Albert Einstein, physicist and professor (1879-1955)


And my friend's own comments:

"I think Einstein hits the kernel of the man. The other prophets of whatever ilk all sound a bit loopy, and either people of their political time or like a novel. Christ does sound very human and quite down to earth. Who else would have sounded the toll of despair in the final act of life..."why hast thou deserted me?" unless he were real? (True, the reprise after death seems like some theatrical afterthought by chroniclers trying to save the day.)"

No comments: